- Human Capital
- Vienna, VA, USA
- Full Time
Duty First Consulting (DFC), a boutique management consulting firm, seeks a Technical Instructional System Designer (ISD) to develop and deliver training programs in support of sold and funded projects. Responsibilities include design and development of diverse curricula delivered via multiple e-learning modalities, including webinars, web-based training, and instructor-led training (ILT). ILT occurs in a virtual, distance-learning environment for various levels of Federal employees nationwide.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- ISD will apply basic consulting, training development, and project management skills.
- ISD will manage and oversee the work of other designers to ensure quality control.
- ISD will follow the ADDIE model to design and develop storyboards and scripts using provided templates according to adult learning principles.
- ISD will draft a complete design document to include: audience and learning environment analysis, Instructional objectives and strategy, content outline, user navigation, screen/page template designs, storyboard/script development with text, voice, sound, and graphics.
- ISD will create and review deliverables including writing product data sheets, comparison charts, e-mail announcements, course descriptions, and web site copy.
- ISD will develop virtual "face to face" instructor scripts and participant materials for a synchronous training environment.
- ISD will use Adobe Captivate to develop "how to" videos and other training modules.
- 3+ years of training related experience.
- ISD should have familiarity with using Adobe Captivate.
- ISD should have instructional design experience including strong knowledge of adult learning theory, learning styles, audience needs analysis, and creative development of immersive learning to include Web-based Training (WBT), Computer Based Training (CBT) and Instructor-Led Training (ILT) that is Section 508 compliant for Federal delivery.
- Experience designing IT training that includes technical simulations and virtual labs (e.g., vmware).
- ISD should have the ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and teaming partners.
- High attention to detail.
- ISD should have exceptional writing, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- Demonstrated experience developing job aids, training manuals, and training documentation.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines (project management and time management skills).
- Knowledge of the ADDIE model.
- ISD should have one to two years of classroom training/ILT and facilitation experience.
- Experience with delivering professional services to the Department of Veterans Affairs is preferred.
- Knowledge of SCORM and Section 508 accessibility requirements is preferred.
- Classroom, ILT, or facilitation experience helpful.
- ISD should have the ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance, but does not need one to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts (e.g, English, Communications), Education, Instructional Design/Development, e-Learning, or related fields
- Certificate in Instructional Systems Design (ISD) or Master's Degree in ISD or related preferred.
* Duty First Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!